<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!-- generator="FeedCreator 1.7.2" -->
<rss version="2.0">
    <channel>
        <title>Lowyat.NET: Latest topics by sarahdee</title>
        <description></description>
        <link>http://forum.lowyat.net/</link>
        <lastBuildDate>Sun, 01 Nov 2026 19:04:11 +0800</lastBuildDate>
        <generator>FeedCreator 1.7.2</generator>
        <item>
            <title>Affiniti residences @ Bukit Serdang Owners Thread</title>
            <link>http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4905781</link>
            <description>Hi there, my husband and I purchased a unit last year.  So far it&amp;#39;s  been pretty quiet on the developers end. There are worries that they won&amp;#39;t be able to deliver. Any other owners on here. What are your expectations and do you think you&amp;#39;ve made the right call?</description>
            <author>sarahdee</author>
            <category>Property Talk</category>
            <pubDate>Fri, 14 Feb 2020 07:00:33 +0800</pubDate>
        </item>
        <item>
            <title>Switching from standalone medical card</title>
            <link>http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4681129</link>
            <description>Dear all , for the last 2 years have just purchase standalone medical card for my family. Both years my daughter was hospitalised. Once because she caught pneumonia and second ear for an untreated ear infection. I renewed the medical card April 2018 and it&amp;#39;s valid till next year 2019 Decided to be just go with a better comprehensive plan with investment portion with the same company. Our premium per month for 3 of us was set at rm 1100. My kids portion was 280. Anyway, long story short, husband and I approved, but the agent came back to me saying there was an issue with my daughter and this is his message to me&lt;br /&gt;&amp;quot;Due to her recent diagnosis written by the attending doctor , her new medical / health plan was excluded her on loss of hearing , pneumonia and it complications&amp;quot;&lt;br /&gt;I called her pediatrician  immediately who told me that there was no justification because alot of kids get ear infections and pneumonia is something anyone can catch. It&amp;#39;s NOT a pre existing condition.&lt;br /&gt;I also have to specify that the whole time he was selling me the insurance he kept telling me to renew the medical card in 2019 for an additional 6 months at least ( minimum) because we couldn&amp;#39;t claim on the new health plan. To me that seems excessive because it&amp;#39;s a good 7 months till April next year. Why can&amp;#39;t we claim on a new plan after 7 months?&lt;br /&gt;After I spoke to her doctor I immediately called a friend who worked in the company to ask I could cancel the insurance purchase within 14 days. I then sent him a message saying that I would like to cancel my husband and my application and I wanted refund if they refused to insure my daughter on the above. &lt;br /&gt;He agreed. And then called the mutual friend who works at the company. &lt;br /&gt;She told me that even If bought a new insurance I would need to be upfront about my daughter&amp;#39;s medical &amp;quot;condition&amp;quot;. Which enraged me because my daughter isn&amp;#39;t walking around with pneumonia or a ear infection anymore. Modern day antibiotics has cured her and we can move on&amp;#33;&amp;#33; The insurance agent said the same thing and I felt like it was somewhat like a veiled threat. But maybe I was really angry and pissed by that time to think clearly.&lt;br /&gt;He then sends me this message&lt;br /&gt;For today *****application feed back is just a beginning of the underwriting decision . Then goes on the specify how he will be on my side.At the moment the important task is to meet up wth ***** doctor . It is important for ***** future insurance plan for any insurer as well . At the same time I will contact our company *** underwriting department too to check wth them about their evaluation on this case .&lt;br /&gt;If he meant is as just feedback, then why send me the first message saying it&amp;#39;s already excluded? Am I justified in being suspicious. Her pediatrician and ear specialist both hold the stance that this is ridiculous and an overreach. What should I do?&lt;br /&gt;</description>
            <author>sarahdee</author>
            <category>Finance, Business and Investment House</category>
            <pubDate>Fri, 26 Oct 2018 08:00:15 +0800</pubDate>
        </item>
        <item>
            <title>Baby Sleep Consultant</title>
            <link>http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4274378</link>
            <description>If anyone needs help with their baby or childs sleep needs please email sarahannedejong@ gmail.com or whatsapp 0176770810. I can help with scheduling, training and helping you create optimal sleep habits for your child. Online and home consultations available.</description>
            <author>sarahdee</author>
            <category>Pregnancy &amp;amp; Parenting</category>
            <pubDate>Tue, 25 Apr 2017 09:58:54 +0800</pubDate>
        </item>
        <item>
            <title>Taman Klebang Utama- Faithview Development/Vista s</title>
            <link>http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4194894</link>
            <description>I&amp;#39;m at my wits end. I don&amp;#39;t  know what to do anymore. I feel like its the end if the world ; but maybe I&amp;#39;ve just had it with this developer and their  unprofessionalism. Faithview development melaka. The warranty on my home is approaching 18 months and the leaks in my master bedroom are horrendous. They have found cracks in the ceiling and whole floor above  (balcony). They will have to rehack all the tiles, redo the waterproofing and maybe repair the cracks? I want an additional or and extended warranty from them as this is a major flaw. Is that feasible?I have contacted the lawyer but in the mean time, what can I get out of this whole charade? Besides a whole lot of mess. I live in the house with husband and 1 year old. Its a nightmarish  situation because we can&amp;#39;t even use our room. The developer has only sent lower level staff with no say to inspect. After I made a fuss,  their stupid contractor brought in an expert who looked like he was going to pass out looking at the cracks in the concrete. My drop ceiling is in a state of disrepair&amp;#33; It&amp;#39;s damp, musty smelling and gross. They claim they have ISO certification but any attempt to procure copy of said certification has been ignored. &lt;br /&gt;In the mutual deed of convenants, its states that the external colours of the property cant be changed but we have neighbours who&amp;#39;ve painted their property  red and green. No AGM has been held. Nobody cares. Its a mess. What can i do besides accept the lies and inaction? How can they be so unscrupulous?</description>
            <author>sarahdee</author>
            <category>Property Talk</category>
            <pubDate>Sat, 11 Feb 2017 16:04:03 +0800</pubDate>
        </item>
        <item>
            <title>Choosing Citizenship for baby</title>
            <link>http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3718961</link>
            <description>Hi Guys,&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Just want to hear other people&amp;#39;s opinions. My husband is Dutch. I&amp;#39;m Malaysian. We own property and run a business here in Malaysia. He also has a house in Holland but doesn&amp;#39;t plan on moving back. He just rents it out at this time. We&amp;#39;re having a baby in January. I have sleepless nights thinking whether the baby should be Malaysian citizen or Dutch. I am so confused. We plan on staying here until we&amp;#39;re old. But with the current political situation, declining ringgit, bad economy, I don&amp;#39;t know what to choose. I would love for her to be Malaysian, because this is my home, but it worries me. If she were to take up dutch citizenship, she would be living here as a foreigner. I would have to renew her dependent&amp;#39;s visa every year, and all the paper work makes me think twice. I also worry if I die, if she can easily stay here with her dad( visa ) and live in our house. So many questions. What would you do?</description>
            <author>sarahdee</author>
            <category>Pregnancy &amp;amp; Parenting</category>
            <pubDate>Mon, 21 Sep 2015 11:03:33 +0800</pubDate>
        </item>
        <item>
            <title>Autocount help&amp;#33;</title>
            <link>http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3522274</link>
            <description>Purchased Autocount software from a dealer. Software is okay, but the dealer was very mouthy when I asked her a simple question the day after installation. Insisted i pay for after sales care blah blah blah. I said &amp;quot;NO&amp;quot; , she didn&amp;#39;t help me and that was that. My question is.. why do they only give you a temp 3 month license??? Why can&amp;#39;t they provide you with a permanent license a few days after installation. When should i start getting worried??</description>
            <author>sarahdee</author>
            <category>Software</category>
            <pubDate>Sat, 14 Mar 2015 10:00:33 +0800</pubDate>
        </item>
        <item>
            <title>GST for Small Businesses? Advice Needed</title>
            <link>http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3497398</link>
            <description>My Dutch partner and I run a business together. We run an  environmental company that removes hazardous materials from factories, we sell the removal equipment and do surveys as well. Our transaction volumes are low but  substantial on occasion. We started end of 2013 and last year our turnover was about 350 K. We thought, hey that&amp;#39;s okay we don&amp;#39;t need to apply for gst. Turns out we were both idiots &lt;!--emo&amp;:help:--&gt;&lt;img src='http://static.lowyat.net/style_emoticons/default/icon_question.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='icon_question.gif' /&gt;&lt;!--endemo--&gt; Now at the beginning of our fiscal year  we are going to reach the 500k threshold to apply for gst.  We had a 1 huge transaction beginning of the year and a dozen more lined up throughout that all materialized in January. We spoke to our accountant about it who incidentally is a totally chilled out freelancer. He told us not to worry and to register for gst . So we did. 3 days ago. We haven&amp;#39;t purchased a software system yet, as transaction volumes were so low last year I did everything manually. I&amp;#39;m at a loss of how much to spend, how I&amp;#39;m going to use it and everything else. I&amp;#39;m panicking. I&amp;#39;m don&amp;#39;t know if it&amp;#39;s unwise of me not to attend a gst seminar. I&amp;#39;m looking for opinions on how small businesses like ours are coping with the change. The fines look scary and the customs department isn&amp;#39;t exactly the most friendly of them all. I have no idea how I&amp;#39;m going to get the business gst ready before April. I have a month and I&amp;#39;m lost.</description>
            <author>sarahdee</author>
            <category>Finance, Business and Investment House</category>
            <pubDate>Thu, 12 Feb 2015 15:26:52 +0800</pubDate>
        </item>
    </channel>
</rss>
