<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!-- generator="FeedCreator 1.7.2" -->
<rss version="2.0">
    <channel>
        <title>Lowyat.NET: Latest topics in Finance, Business and Investment House</title>
        <description></description>
        <link>http://forum.lowyat.net/</link>
        <lastBuildDate>Tue, 29 Sep 2026 20:45:48 +0800</lastBuildDate>
        <generator>FeedCreator 1.7.2</generator>
        <item>
            <title>WTA: Loan MBSB 2012, insurance pelaburan matang pada 2027</title>
            <link>http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/5576608</link>
            <description>salam semua, newbie di sini,&lt;br /&gt;ingin tahu adakah anda pernah membuat pinjaman mbsb pada 2012 yang dipakejkan sekali &lt;br /&gt;dengan insurance pelaburan yang dijangka matang pada tahun 2027, jadi adakah anda masih menyimpan&lt;br /&gt;sijil takaful tersebut? dari company takaful manakah insurance tersebut dipakejkan?&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;sekian terima kasih,&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;saya sudah semak dengan Hong Leong MSIG tiada nama saya dalam polisi insurans syarikat tersebut</description>
            <author>budak79</author>
            <pubDate>Thu, 10 Sep 2026 14:55:28 +0800</pubDate>
        </item>
        <item>
            <title>My father wants to dump half of his saving to bond, Should I stop him?</title>
            <link>http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/5576379</link>
            <description>My retired father has 2m in FD. But now he wants to take 1m out to buy bonds.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;I really think FD is more steady for retirees though bonds can give u higher return but risky. He is going to buy those government backed or linked corp bonds. He said government will always honor it even for 1mdb case. I am talking about those 5 years bonds with 2 coupons payout yearly &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;So far any bad experience of buying bonds pls share thanks.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;</description>
            <author>Kasparovsharapova</author>
            <pubDate>Tue, 08 Sep 2026 08:37:40 +0800</pubDate>
        </item>
        <item>
            <title>can i afford this property?, financial advice </title>
            <link>http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/5575801</link>
            <description>i got approved for rumah selangorku in shah alam in an area i like, 250k. it is service residence, that&amp;#39;s why im qualified even though im owning a flat in shah alam&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;current flat at shah alam, over 40 year old flat. still paying rm500 monthly, left 80k&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;salary net 8.9k. i have savings only 15 months my salary (in gold and ETFs), im 47 this year. but i would likely have other additional dividends and bonus from work this year for 75k after tax&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;epf akaun 1 not much, 500k&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;no other debt except car at 70k left&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;part of me saying would be nice to have new place to stay because this old pkns flat is in dire straits, if you know about old pkns flats, they are not cared for by government. plus the rumah selangorku is &amp;quot;affordable&amp;quot; in central shah alam standards. it is near stadium, lrt, near subang, all major highways, walking distance to malls, parks etc..&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;another part of me saying, better focus on ETFs, gold as im already 47, and close eye on the bad condition of pkns flat&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;any advice for me? much appreciated</description>
            <author>zzzxtreme</author>
            <category>Investment</category>
            <pubDate>Wed, 02 Sep 2026 07:21:48 +0800</pubDate>
        </item>
        <item>
            <title>Taking profit of US based stocks &amp;amp; ETFs?, </title>
            <link>http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/5574196</link>
            <description>Assuming that you&amp;#39;re close to retirement/have retired and currently hold US based stocks &amp;amp; ETFs, are you going to sell your US stocks &amp;amp; ETFs holdings given the reasons below:&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;1. US stock market is at history high now. Perhaps a good time to take profit? Any profit taken can be invested in LSE based ETFs.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;2. Considering of US estate tax should you kaput suddenly and no one in your family is capable of handling US stocks/ETF after your departure&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Will you sell US stocks &amp;amp; ETFs and reinvest to LSE ETFs or keep on holding? Any reason for taking such action/decision?</description>
            <author>jutamind</author>
            <category>Investment</category>
            <pubDate>Sun, 16 Aug 2026 00:22:23 +0800</pubDate>
        </item>
        <item>
            <title>FSMOne Global Income Portfolio - Core, </title>
            <link>http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/5573890</link>
            <description>What&amp;#39;s your take on this new income based product, assuming that you&amp;#39;ve max out your EPF voluntary contribution and hard to get ASNB funds?&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Product is aiming for around 5% DY, even though total returns could be negative on a bad year. Basic asset allocation is 60% bond and 40% equities with 15% freeway to go either allocation depending on market conditions.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Better to stick with MY bond funds which is probably less risky than this new product?&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Details on this product page: &lt;a href='https://www.fsmone.com.my/global-income-portfolio?t_id=Homepage%20Banner-GlobalIncomePortfolioCore0SubscriptionFee' target='_blank'&gt;Global Income Portfolio - Core&lt;/a&gt;</description>
            <author>jutamind</author>
            <pubDate>Wed, 12 Aug 2026 19:42:22 +0800</pubDate>
        </item>
        <item>
            <title>Withdrawing investment funds to bank account, involving large amounts</title>
            <link>http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/5573054</link>
            <description>If one were to have accumulated a large sum of money in their investment account, whats the best way to withdraw them to their bank account without triggering suspicion from the bank? partial transfers spaced out across days/weeks? one lump sum?&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;how large is a large sum? lets say 25k/50k/100k/250k&lt;br /&gt;reason? lets say buying car/house. therefore the funds are not urgently needed&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;thanks</description>
            <author>RigerZ</author>
            <pubDate>Tue, 04 Aug 2026 23:04:51 +0800</pubDate>
        </item>
        <item>
            <title>Savings account or current account for carousell, </title>
            <link>http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/5572821</link>
            <description>I have selling used items on carousell. I register carousell under different username just for buy and sell items. when buyers want to buy items from me on carousell, I usually use direct bank transfer instead of buy button on carousell, simply because of platform fee charge to buyers and possibly platform fee/commission deduction to seller in final payout when using buy button directly on carousell, i did search it via google ai to look into that. &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;When I do so, i use bank islam qard savings account to receive payment from buyers, that account I open it since transition from be u to bimb mobile. &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;So far it was good, in fact i done sold two items for now and I post other listing on carousell as well for selling out. But when i search it on google ai about between personal savings account or personal current account for that purpose, they suggests that personal current account are probably safer choice for that purpose, they say that Flag Risk Level was low on current account for that purpose, maybe because of High Transaction Tolerance or something like that but I&amp;#39;m not exactly sure and i don&amp;#39;t know if it was true since it was a first time i sell things on carousell but I do use carousell for buy item for long time. I also noticed that bank islam qard current account can be opened online via bimb app even if I have qard savings account with access to bimb app.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Any coincidence and suggestions? Should I open the personal current account or just continue using personal savings account for that purpose?</description>
            <author>nfiz3333</author>
            <category>Banking</category>
            <pubDate>Sun, 02 Aug 2026 17:55:03 +0800</pubDate>
        </item>
        <item>
            <title>MCash now offers 0% surcharge for card reloads&amp;#33;, Another new e-wallet?</title>
            <link>http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/5571895</link>
            <description></description>
            <author>johnchen</author>
            <pubDate>Thu, 23 Jul 2026 12:13:35 +0800</pubDate>
        </item>
        <item>
            <title>What are you investing in September 2026, </title>
            <link>http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/5570362</link>
            <description>Hi sifus, we&amp;#39;ve officially crossed the halfway mark of 2026&amp;#33;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;With the way the local and global markets have been moving lately, I’m curious to know what everyone&amp;#39;s strategy is for this month. Personally, I’m looking to DCA (Dollar Cost Average) a bit more into US tech ETFs and maybe top up my ASB/EPF with some spare cash just to play it safe.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;What about you guys?&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;IS anyone still active in bursa or has everyone went over to usa stocks.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Other than stocks, do local business investments actually work out well for you guys?&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Cheers &lt;!--emo&amp;:D--&gt;&lt;img src='http://static.lowyat.net/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='biggrin.gif' /&gt;&lt;!--endemo--&gt;</description>
            <author>xin123</author>
            <category>Investment</category>
            <pubDate>Thu, 09 Jul 2026 12:37:43 +0800</pubDate>
        </item>
        <item>
            <title>FTAP#08 intake, FTAP</title>
            <link>http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/5570242</link>
            <description>Anyone applied for the FTAP batch#8? have you received email from the training provider?</description>
            <author>ykwooi</author>
            <pubDate>Wed, 08 Jul 2026 11:18:20 +0800</pubDate>
        </item>
        <item>
            <title>refinance using car, </title>
            <link>http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/5569515</link>
            <description>Hi &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;I came across where I can use my fully own car to refinance, pay loan again, where cash on the hand&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;legit?</description>
            <author>Gablham</author>
            <category>Loans</category>
            <pubDate>Wed, 01 Jul 2026 16:26:25 +0800</pubDate>
        </item>
        <item>
            <title>The Total Cost of Ownership of a car, Is it worth it to buy a car?</title>
            <link>http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/5569511</link>
            <description>I’ve been looking at numbers on getting a car......&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;However, with the way interest rates, maintenance inflation, and second-hand depreciation have shifted over the years, the maths on the &amp;#39;traditional ownership&amp;#39; doesn&amp;#39;t really add up to me these days. By the time most people are halfway through their loan(say 9 years, the combination of servicing costs, insurance premiums, and the rapid depreciation of the asset (relative to the interest paid) seems to make the &amp;#39;asset&amp;#39; a massive liability.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;I’m curious to hear from those who look at the numbers closely:&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;At what point does the &amp;#39;hidden cost&amp;#39; of owning (servicing/tax/insurance/wear &amp;amp; tear) outweigh the convenience of using Grab or car subscription?&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Has anyone here actually ditched the loan trap and try either Grab or Car Subscription? Does it actually save capital long-term, or is it just a &amp;#39;convenience&amp;#39; premium?&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Just looking to compare notes on the actual ROI of owning a car in the current market.</description>
            <author>cshereen</author>
            <category>Loans</category>
            <pubDate>Wed, 01 Jul 2026 16:08:11 +0800</pubDate>
        </item>
        <item>
            <title>deleted, </title>
            <link>http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/5568435</link>
            <description>deleted</description>
            <author>renodiy</author>
            <pubDate>Sat, 20 Jun 2026 19:56:30 +0800</pubDate>
        </item>
        <item>
            <title>Investing Opportunity ?, Hakshan Hakka Restaurant</title>
            <link>http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/5568369</link>
            <description>&lt;a href='https://pictr.com/image/xknTxZ' target='_blank'&gt;&lt;img src='https://pictr.com/images/2026/06/20/xknTxZ.md.jpg' border='0' alt='user posted image' /&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;a href='https://pictr.com/image/xknCKY' target='_blank'&gt;&lt;img src='https://pictr.com/images/2026/06/20/xknCKY.md.jpg' border='0' alt='user posted image' /&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;a href='https://pictr.com/image/xknWrr' target='_blank'&gt;&lt;img src='https://pictr.com/images/2026/06/20/xknWrr.md.jpg' border='0' alt='user posted image' /&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;a href='https://pictr.com/image/xknjYO' target='_blank'&gt;&lt;img src='https://pictr.com/images/2026/06/20/xknjYO.md.jpg' border='0' alt='user posted image' /&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;a href='https://pictr.com/image/xknoRI' target='_blank'&gt;&lt;img src='https://pictr.com/images/2026/06/20/xknoRI.md.jpg' border='0' alt='user posted image' /&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;a href='https://pictr.com/image/xkncVJ' target='_blank'&gt;&lt;img src='https://pictr.com/images/2026/06/20/xkncVJ.md.jpg' border='0' alt='user posted image' /&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;a href='https://pictr.com/image/xkneTn' target='_blank'&gt;&lt;img src='https://pictr.com/images/2026/06/20/xkneTn.md.jpg' border='0' alt='user posted image' /&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Long story short , was looking for investment opportunities and stumbled upon this &amp;quot;Hakshan restaurant Group&amp;quot;.&lt;br /&gt;Expanding very fast.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Clicked on their ads on FB regarding investment opportunity...their slogan on the ads writes &amp;quot;OWNED BY YOU , OPERATE BY US&amp;quot;  &lt;!--emo&amp;:D--&gt;&lt;img src='http://static.lowyat.net/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='biggrin.gif' /&gt;&lt;!--endemo--&gt; &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Got a call from their representative , 1 lot share RM40k...max can buy 5 lots.&lt;br /&gt;Guaranteed return investor capital in 1.5 years.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;What&amp;#39;s your thought about this ? Possible scam or legit ?  &lt;!--emo&amp;;)--&gt;&lt;img src='http://static.lowyat.net/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='wink.gif' /&gt;&lt;!--endemo--&gt;</description>
            <author>6inchjj</author>
            <category>Business,Investment</category>
            <pubDate>Sat, 20 Jun 2026 00:53:30 +0800</pubDate>
        </item>
        <item>
            <title>is nexo.io safe?, </title>
            <link>http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/5568216</link>
            <description></description>
            <author>FLampard</author>
            <pubDate>Thu, 18 Jun 2026 10:50:28 +0800</pubDate>
        </item>
        <item>
            <title>FD vs TIA, Comparison </title>
            <link>http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/5566988</link>
            <description>I have put large amount of cash in TIA&lt;br /&gt;Because it is higher 0.1% compare to FD&lt;br /&gt;Now I am worry&lt;br /&gt;Because PIDM not protect&lt;br /&gt;Return not guarantee&lt;br /&gt;Bank manager say so far return still never fail&lt;br /&gt;What’s your experience with TIA</description>
            <author>babyscouts</author>
            <category>Banking</category>
            <pubDate>Sun, 07 Jun 2026 10:19:53 +0800</pubDate>
        </item>
        <item>
            <title>THE PRE-ELECTION 2026 DEFENSIVE PLAY, </title>
            <link>http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/5566991</link>
            <description></description>
            <author>plouffle0789</author>
            <pubDate>Sat, 06 Jun 2026 12:25:04 +0800</pubDate>
        </item>
        <item>
            <title>Be U by Bank Islam is moving to BIMB mobile?, </title>
            <link>http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/5565765</link>
            <description>I saw this when I open and login into Be U by Bank Ialam app.  (refer to photo no. 1) &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;I also went to the website and I saw this (refer to photo no. 2).&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Then I search via Google AI, I saw this (refer to photo no. 3).&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Should I just open normal Bank Islam account via BIMB mobile and transfer everything from there after this? Since I don&amp;#39;t have normal Bank Islam account as I&amp;#39;m only have opening Be U by Bank islam account. Any suggestions? &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;a href='https://pictr.com/image/xOZOuj' target='_blank'&gt;&lt;img src='https://pictr.com/images/2026/05/25/xOZOuj.md.jpg' border='0' alt='user posted image' /&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;a href='https://pictr.com/image/xOZyUP' target='_blank'&gt;&lt;img src='https://pictr.com/images/2026/05/25/xOZyUP.md.jpg' border='0' alt='user posted image' /&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;a href='https://pictr.com/image/xOZkyl' target='_blank'&gt;&lt;img src='https://pictr.com/images/2026/05/25/xOZkyl.md.jpg' border='0' alt='user posted image' /&gt;&lt;/a&gt;</description>
            <author>nfiz3333</author>
            <pubDate>Mon, 25 May 2026 13:05:50 +0800</pubDate>
        </item>
        <item>
            <title>DSR calculation?, How does credit limit etc. affect it?</title>
            <link>http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/5565747</link>
            <description>The standard debt service ratio calculation is just total debt commitments per month divided by total income.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;By this simple calculation, my DSR has been more than 100% for years now. Credit card bills average to 17k per month (staggered throughout the month), net salary ~10k. No other loans prior to 2026.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;However I have had no issue applying for more CC (whenever I find a good cashback card). Every year maybe can add a card or two, and cancel cards which lost their benefits. Never thought much about the actual calculations - I can afford my bills, and the actual spend is nowhere near to the billed amount. My total credit limit is a few times more than my annual income.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Recently I got an approved house loan, and I got my first CC rejection (high commitment) this month (a different bank did approve another card though).&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;This got me wondering, how to banks actually calculate DSR? If its just debt per month / income then surely I would not have gotten my previous CCs approved. Do they consider the debt as some percentage of the bill (I pay in full on time every month, never pay interest to a bank for CC debt)? Maybe only considering minimum payment? Do they somehow use approved credit limit as a proxy for income?</description>
            <author>LostAndFound</author>
            <category>Loans</category>
            <pubDate>Mon, 25 May 2026 10:41:54 +0800</pubDate>
        </item>
        <item>
            <title>Refinance house to buy new house?, retarded ma</title>
            <link>http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/5565109</link>
            <description>Hi&amp;#33;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;My current old house is almost fully paid up. &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;I&amp;#39;m considering buying a new house and thinking of refinancing my current house for RM200k and use that money to buy a new house + reno + misc etc. &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;If I refinance my house now, then next year (Q2) new house ready and move in ... then sell my old house. Is it a bad move?&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;What other ways to get around RM100k to Rm200k&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Hope for your advise, thank you&amp;#33;  &lt;!--emo&amp;:respect:--&gt;&lt;img src='http://static.lowyat.net/style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='notworthy.gif' /&gt;&lt;!--endemo--&gt;</description>
            <author>keny0ng</author>
            <pubDate>Tue, 19 May 2026 13:37:17 +0800</pubDate>
        </item>
    </channel>
</rss>
